The second annual Chamonix Mountain Festival runs from June 29 to July 6, 2014.
The Chamonix Mountain Festival is a gathering for like-minded climbers:
• Friendly atmosphere – organised by mountaineers for mountaineers
• No age limit, no grade limit
• One great all inclusive price (accommodation, meals, lift pass, events, briefings)
• Opportunity to try new gear for free
• Active support from the festival team
• Benefit from local knowledge of conditions and routes
• Partner-up with other festival participants
The 2014 program is set to be even more packed than last year. In addition to climbing every day, there will be films, lectures, discussions and social events most evenings too.
Sunday June 29– Arrival / Gear Fest
Monday June 30– Glacier Safety / Crevasse Rescue Free workshop
Tuesday July 1– Inclusive climbing, film and presentation by Vanessa François
Wednesday July 2– The Alpine Club Lecture
Thursday July 3– Panel discussion, the impact of climate change on climbing best practice
Saturday July 5– Beers all round!
Sunday July 6– Departure
For an interview with the founder of the festival, Francoise Call, see here.