Kamloops, BC – Mr. Iain Stewart-Patterson, President of the Sport Climbing Association of British Columbia (SCBC) is pleased to announce that the association’s inaugural competition climbing season is set to begin on October 26, 2013.
This will be the first sanctioned season of climbing for SCBC which was formed in late 2012 to serve as the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) for competition climbing in British Columbia.
The SCBC 2013-2014 schedule features a number of events in the Bouldering, Speed and Difficulty Climbing disciplines, all of which will culminate in the Provincial Championships in Bouldering on February 8, 2014 at the Project Climbing Centre in Abbotsford and the Provincials in Speed and Difficulty on April 5, 2014 at The Boulders Climbing Gym in Central Saanich on Vancouver Island.
“We are extremely excited about the upcoming season,” said SCBC President Iain Stewart-Patterson. “The schedule of events and the venues they will be held at will provide a variety of exciting competitions in all disciplines.”
article continues after advertisement
The full 2013-2104 SCBC Competition Climbing Schedule is presented below:
· October 26, 2013 – SCBC Local Bouldering – The Edge Climbing Centre (North Vancouver)
· November 9, 2013 – SCBC Local Bouldering – Cliffhanger Coquitlam (Coquitlam)
· December 7, 2013 – SCBC Local Bouldering – The Hive (Vancouver)
· January 25, 2014 – SCBC Local Bouldering (doubleheader weekend with Difficulty) – The Edge Climbing Centre (North Vancouver)
· February 8, 2014 – SCBC Provincial Bouldering – The Project Climbing Centre (Abbotsford)
· January 26, 2014 – SCBC Local Difficulty (doubleheader weekend with Bouldering) – The Edge Climbing Centre (North Vancouver)
· February 22, 2014 – SCBC Local Difficulty & Speed – The Boulders Climbing Gym (Central Saanich)
· March 15, 2014 – SCBC Local Difficulty – The Richmond Oval (Richmond)
· March 22, 2014 – SCBC Local Difficulty & Speed (no speed ranking) – The Rock Wall (Maple Ridge)
· April 5, 2014 – SCBC Provincial Difficulty & Speed – The Boulders Climbing Gym (Central Saanich)
Climber Registration 2013-2014
SCBC will collect registrations for all levels of membership including unranked competitors, provincially-ranked competitors, nationally-ranked competitors, officials, coaches, parents and supporters. Athletes from the Yukon are welcome to register with SCBC and compete in the Provincial series. The registration page will go live on the SCBC web site on October 7th.
About Sport Climbing Association of British Columbia (SCBC)
The Sport Climbing Association of British Columbia (SCBC) was established in 2012 to be the Provincial Sport Organization for competition climbing in British Columbia and to foster and promote the growth of competition climbing throughout the Province. Learn more at www.sportclimbingbc.ca.
Please Visit SCBC at:
Twitter: @SportClimbingBC Hashtag: #scbc14