Applications are now being accepted for the new Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival (VIMFF) and MEC Adventure Grant.
The VIMFF and MEC are proud to announce a new grant to enable local explorers and adventurers to undertake their dream expeditions.
The MEC Adventure Grant will award funds to local teams who have exploratory and human powered objectives in adventurous arenas.
Their aim is to support Canadian adventures both in our own backyard and around the world, while promoting a multitude of outdoor pursuits and bringing the resulting story to the VIMFF stage for our community to enjoy.
Details & Requirements:
– The MEC Adventure Grant opens for applications November 12th 2015 and closes December 31st 2015.
– Recipients of the grants will be awarded at the 19th annual VIMFF in February 2016.
– The supported expedition must take place between February 2016 and January 2017.
– Expeditions that are exploratory in nature are encouraged and preferred.
– The MEC Adventure grant is open to Canadian residents of British Columbia and Alberta only.
– Any and all human powered outdoor pursuits will be considered, including: cycling, hiking, trail running, climbing, skiing and paddling.
– There are no geographical restrictions regarding the expedition– the more remote the adventure the better.
– Expedition participants must be extensively prepared, through both physical training and gear preparation.
– Recipients must be self-reliant and carry appropriate safety gear and communication devices relevant for the location and activity.
– Participants must minimize environmental impacts and practice safe, responsible use of the outdoors.
For more information on the grant, visit here, and email email@example.com to apply.